Saturday, June 21, 2008

Newmark Crashterium


Seriously, how hard is it to ride in a straight line?
You couldn't ask for an easier course. 5 laps to go and someone goes somersaulting into the grass on a long straight away, unacceptable.

1 lap to go and I am where I want to be with about a 1/2 mile to go. About 3 or so riders in front of me, someone decides they don't know how to hold a line and down we go. Jim Dennedy of Abundance was right in front of me sliding on the pavement, I tried to go over him but he didn't make a very good ramp, so down I went. I rolled as best I could and then braced for the impact, sure enough a couple more riders slammed into me. I got up as fast as I could and tried to remount my bike. I couldn't even find it at first, it was like a scene from 'Saving Private Ryan' shot in colorful Spandex. Once I sifted through the carnage and figured out which heap was mine, the pack was long gone and I was holding my broken steed in one hand and Jim's broken collarbone in the other.

2 comments:

stylehorse said...

Tough break buddy. Hope to see you back in the saddle again, soon.

brown_blog_9 said...

der Hoss, are you okay? Hope you're racing again ASAP.