Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ault Park #3 (B Race)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times (although it could have been much worse). Much of last night was a blur, so I will be as brief as possible. 4 of us started the B race, Steve Brown, Matt Bell, Mike More and myself. I stuck to my plan of only contesting the double points sprints, despite the yelling of Chip from the sideline, sorry coach ;) Due to the help and maneuvering of the DH men, I was able to come through 1st on the 10th lap.
I recovered for the next 9 laps and got ready for the finale. I was toward the back, I know, I know, and as we passed the chicane to start the bell lap, Geoff Reynolds and Harry Wicks got close and personal causing several of us to come to a stop. Of course, this is when the pace at the front was ramping up for the last hurrah. I got around the mess and had to make up ground on the whole field. I could see Mike More at the front doing an awesome job leading out the field, unfortunately I just wasn't in the field :) I basically had to do an 800 meter sprint to get toward the front and was nipped at the line to finish 5th, one spot out of the money. I received compliments from others on the teamwork of the Horsemen, you guys rocked! Matt was flying as well, I think he got points on 2 or 3 sprints, nice work!
I still ended up 3rd for the night so it could have gone much worse. Thanks for looking out for me throughout the race guys, I'll do a better job of staying toward the front next week.

No comments: