Thursday, April 17, 2008

YEEE-HAW!

We cyclists often hear of less than cordial exchanges between riders and pickup trucks. So I think it's important to highlight the times when the opposite happens.

Riding back to Oxford tonight from the Thursday Westside ride, I heard a vehicle coming up behind me. Something big by the sound of it. The engine gunned and I looked left to see a large pickup rolling by in the left lane. Rusty fenders, dual stacks, flatbed, the whole picture. And through the window a big excited grin looking my way.

"YER DOIN' THURTY MILES 'N HOUR, BOY! YEEE-HAW!"

He gunned it again, and as he shot down the road I saw a big thumbs-up sign out of the driver side window.

Made my day.

(And before anyone asks: downwind, long gradual downhill.)

3 comments:

DukePirate said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this one -- always good to share the love.

dhorse said...

Now I know he's lying! Adam would have been doing 40 under the conditions he described. Nice try though ;)

seattle slew said...

It would also be more believable if the guy in the truck had given Adam some sick wattage number as well....