Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Long Ault Night

Ault Park #1 started with a whopping 2 warm up laps since I got there late. We had a felon holed up in an apartment on Winton Rd. that almost called for SWAT but we were able to get him out before it went that far.
So I started the B race a bit frazzled and no where near recovered from Monday's 74 mile sufferfest. I told Shannon I would work for him and we decided to forgo the 1st sprint to let things settle down and get a warm-up in. The 2nd sprint went pretty well, I tried to catch the lone guy off the front but my engine isn't quite there, I managed to get Shannon near the front for a respectable 3rd. We weren't planning on the 3rd sprint, but I thought, "Why not?" so off we went. I was near the front around the bottom with Shannon hot on my wheel, he took off and grabbed another 3rd while I held on for 4th.
I was totally shot at this point and dangled at the back for the next 4 laps, I even got separated but managed to fight back onto a wheel. When the last bell lap started, I started to make my way up the group and told Shannon I could get him to the front but wouldn't be able to lead out a sprint. The BioWheels guy (forgot his name) got on my wheel with Shannon on his as I got us to about 4-5th wheel around the bottom. I looked back and Shannon was right on my wheel so I stood up and went and eeked out another 4th while Shannon zoomed past for another 3rd.
It ended up being a pretty good night for Darkhorse but my night was only just beginning. I was on Ridge getting onto WB 562 when I rolled up on an accident. I noticed several people trying to get someone out of a Saturn that had been hit pretty hard. I then noticed a guy running across the interstate and try and stop a car and get in. The driver sped away and that's when I jumped out, grabbed my gun and radio and went after him. He went toward the woods, but was more stumbling and staggering by the time I got to him. I got him on the ground, where he lunged for a security guard's gun and fell flat on his face. He didn't move much after that until Norwood units arrived and got him into custody. Apparently he had shot his wife in the head then fled the wrong way onto the Lateral, hitting the lady in the Saturn who had to be taken out with a Hurst tool (Jaws of Life). She was conscious when they took her away, hopefully she will be ok. A couple of news links can be found here:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090527/NEWS0107/305270076/1055/NEWS/Woman+shot++suspect+crashes
and http://www.wcpo.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=33421@wcpo.dayport.com&navCatId=23
All in all, just another adrenaline filled day for KaiserHorse.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Just a side note from Kaiserhorse's wife...The boys and I were in the car behind him when this all happened. It was pretty cool. I have pictures posted on my blog @ www.daisysandmonstertrucks.blogspot.com. The boys weren't concerned with his safety yet whether this was going to be on COPS?! : ) Like they've ever even seen an episode! LOL

tinny said...

Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do?