Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lungbuster CX - Mayberry, MI

So, Nate and I didn't think we'd get much competition if we headed south to the USGP's so we went 5 hours North to the little town of Mayberry, MI.  I had a family reunion in norther Ohio, so it worked out.

It is interesting to head to a race where you do not know a single other racer there...  feel like a real Darkhorse (pun intended).  Anyways, Nate lined up w/ 30+ other riders and got a great start and settled into 6th place for most of the race.  A ferocious battle of man vs chain ensued, and he ended up loosing several spots on the last lap due to some untimely mechanical to finish 12th.













I lined up w/ 22 other B racers and headed into the sigletrack 6th.  There was lots of singletrack, and MTB's at this race.  I moved into 5th on the first lap and took a bike so that Nate could untangle the weed that had engulfed my cassette.  Pit bike worked great and I kept 4th place in sight, hoping to make a move on the last lap.  The 4th place rider ended up having some problems, and I caught him early in the last lap.  I waited and waited till the last real straight heading into a single high speed barrier before sprinting around, taking a very hot dismount and remount, got a mall gap and kept it for 4th.  Great little road trip w/ family and friends there to enjoy it with.



-tinny out

No comments: