Saturday, October 4, 2008

Triple T (B Team)

Today was a beautiful day for a bike ride, unfortunately it was a little hard to enjoy it being in the pain box for 25:38. That's how long it took us to cover the 10.2 miles of the Queen City Wheels Team Time Trial. Darkhorse had 7 representatives out today, so we split into 2 teams of 4. The A team was Dan, Nick, Brett, and Mike M. B Team was Chip, Mike G., Micah (friend of Chip) and myself. I have never ridden the Cleves TT loop, so I had no idea what to expect.

Here is a link to the route: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=15361&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=6908574

As you can see from the profile, it is relatively flat, especially the last 3-4 miles. But when you are trying to go as fast as possible, it hurts regardless. We all took pretty equal pulls and I feel we worked well as a team, especially having never tried this before.
While nowhere near the top, I'm pleased with our time, considering the time spent off the bike for all 4 of us. Chip is still coming back from his shoulder injury, Mike G. has a hurt back, this was Micah's first race of any kind (great job and thanks for helping us out!), and I've been too busy eating Bon Bon's and picking lint out of my belly to ride.

Great job to the A team and we will do it again next year!

No comments: